Thursday, January 7, 2010

Bread and Milk!

The whole state has been abuzz all week preparing for the storm of the century...or so you would think. What we are all preparing for is the much anticipated inch of snow that was predicted to fall today. Yesterday mid day they called school off for today and milk and bread was flying off the store shelves. It is 2:40pm at the time of this posting and I think we have had a total of ten snowflakes fall. School gets out at 3:00. The whole way of thinking is so different than us Utahan's are used to. I only remember one snow day in my 40 something years and that was with ten inches of snow and a power outage. Even then I don't remember having to stock up on milk and bread. That is definitely a southern thing, kind of endearing don't ya think? OK it's lame, but when in Rome you know! I admit it I bought my bread and Milk ( and diet coke and chocolate! what we need in a real emergency)

The High School kids were so excited for this impending inch of snow that they planned everyone to get together at a local park for a snowball fight. How many snowballs could you make out of an inch of snow? Not many! But they will never know that because the infamous snow storm has yet to arrive. Will definitely keep you posted!
"Here on comes...!"
Oh, it fell on my forhead..."

"are you sure it's even snowing?"


"Two more...on my forhead!"


Earlier today while the ten snowflakes were falling, the cutest little boy passed our house in a snowsuit dragging his sled. I want there to be a blizzard just for him! Then of course Isabelle wanted to go and catch the snowflakes on her tongue instead of sled in them. I think she caught some on her head and that was all. All in all a very anticlimactic day!




Tonight we will watch the Alabama football team and my friend Nick Saban play Texas for the National Championship-Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!! Hurry home hubby!!!!!

2 comments:

Dallys' daily dose... said...

she is so dang cute.... i just want to squeeze her

wandering nana said...

I'll bet the Grossarths would love to send you their snow.