Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My heart is sad with the devastating news…


May 21st, Maria Sue Chapman, 5 years old and the youngest daughter to Steven and Mary Beth Chapman was struck in the driveway of the Chapman home in Franklin, TN. Maria was rushed to Vanderbilt Childrens Hospital in Nashville, transported by LifeFlight, but died of her injuries there. Maria is one of the close knit family’s six children and one of their three adopted daughters.

For those of you who aren’t familiar with Steven Curtis Chapman, he is a Grammy award winning, contemporary Christian singer-songwriter. Chapman is also a vocal advocate for adoption,
along with his wife Mary Beth. Together, they have adopted three children from China and have started a charity organization called Shaohannah's Hope, which offers grants to qualifying families to help defray the cost of adopting, at home and abroad.

The Chapman family has been a huge encouragement for so many adoptive families and changed the life of so many orphans around the world. Not only in the area of adoption, but their dedication to the children still in orphanages and foster care.

I don’t know the Chapman family personally, but I know the pain they are going through right now, having lost a child of my own.

Please keep the Steven Curtis Chapman family in your prayers.

2 comments:

wandering nana said...

I can't imagine losing a child. I will remember them. They sound like such a wonderful family.

Rose said...

That's terrible news! I hope that they find the comfort that they seek during this awful trial.