Thursday we got our referral for Pan Xia. We were given until the end of day to make our decision. This is typical of Chinese adoptions. It is always , "hurry up and wait." This included finding a international adoption pediatrician available on such short notice to review her file. We found an excellent doctor who graciously fit us into her schedule, and she was very positive about everything in Chloe's file. Especially the fact that she is being raised in foster care as opposed to an orphanage. Of course we were happy to hear the good report because we fell in love with her instantly!
She is from Inner Mongolia, a northern Chinese province. Her birthday is January 27, when she will be two years old.
She is described as, "a quiet little girl with a ready smile who loves music." We got our paperwork off to China so she is officially locked in for our family. Which really means we will be bringing this little girl home, pending mountains of paperwork and lots of back and forth formalities with China. We are hoping to travel around May sometime.


4 comments:
She is SO adorable! I love those rosy red cheeks! Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you.
Wow - that is such great news - congratulations on this new addition to your family! I know you guys have been waiting for her forr a long time.
I love her already. So excited!
Post a Comment