Friday, July 23, 2010

Post-Op Update...

We are 9 days post-op and you would think things would start to get better...wouldn't you? I called the Doctor yesterday posing that very question. He said to, "hang on," it will get worse before it gets better. Oh yippee! I have worse to look forward to!
Our day consists of crying, whining, moaning, "hold me", "don't touch me". She won't eat, she drinks if I give it to her through a dropper, she doesn't want Isabelle to look at her and she is just plain cranky. But you can't really blame her! Her pain gets pretty intense and she cries and points to her mouth, which by the way smells like death! UGH! Nasty nasty~!
It is pretty amazing what they can do these days! We are grateful for an amazing surgeon and staff who took care of her!

Poor little sweetheart

Codeine induced nap...

Isabelle has been at summer school through most of this. Her last day was yesterday, so this just got fun X 2!
The good news is Kaycie and Ravyn come home tuesday! We are so excited! They have a had a jam packed fun summer, now it is time to buckle down and get ready for school!


2 comments:

Kaycie's Korner said...

that first picture broke my heart!! she just needs her big sisters to make it all better!!! give her and izzy loves for me!

Stacey said...

I had no idea that it took so long to recover from this surgery! I've heard about Operation Smile and such and figured it was a simple procedure that many kids just didn't have access to in other countries. I'm hoping it gets better sooner rather than later and it DOESN'T get worse before it gets better.