Monday, April 14, 2008

A much needed vacation...

Our family just got back from a week in San Antonio, Texas. We had such a great time! And thanks to thousands of cancelled flights by American Airlines, we even got to stay an extra day! Not only did we get to go to Sea World, the Alamo, the "River Walk," and Padre Island, but we got to do it all with our daughter Dallys and her family. They live in San Antonio and wanted to show us a good time; they did a great job! Thank you Dallys you are a great host!

I can't begin to tell you how nice it was to see Dallys, her husband Victor and our sweet, beautiful grandsons, Damon and Skyler. It is so hard not living near our family and getting to watch our grandkids grow and develop.

We are looking forward to our daughter Kassidy and her family visiting in May. In July we will make the trek to Salt Lake where we will get to spend some time with our parents and our daughter Katie and her family. Yeah! We are so excited to see everyone!


The Alamo

Our family at the SeaWorld acquarium




Bill and Isabelle feeding the dolphins at SeaWorld.





Great pictures Bill!!



Bill, Skyler, Isabelle and Damon finding some shade at SeaWorld.




Damon, Isabelle, and Skyler at the San Antonio Temple


Ravyn, Damon, and Kaycie enjoying the waves on Padre Island


Isabelle was content to just play in the sand.


Damon had such a great time just chasing the birds on the beach. He kept saying, "Damon is having such a good time!"




Ravyn and Damon found a jelly fish.



We thought we would give Kaycie a good body exfoliation (seaweed bikini included)



Sisters reunited... well almost...we are missing Kassidy !


The River Walk in San Antonio is a great place to just hang out.


The girls trying to find some food at Denny's after a day at Padre Island.

We were on vacation during conference so I have been spending my free time watching as many talks as I can on KBYU. I have been so touched by all the talks I have heard so far, but one especially spoke to me, by President Henry B. Eyring. I have heard so many people say they felt like conference spoke directly to them. I guess that is the way it is supposed to be, but this talk was exactly what I needed to hear, especailly since I have been feeling so sad about being away from our kids and grandkids.
President Henry B. Eyring said:

"My sense of gratitude stems also from blessings to my family. It is the sealing power and our knowledge of it which changes and transforms our family life here and our expectations for the joy of family life in the world to come. The thought and the hope that I can have eternal relationships carries me through the trials of separation and the loneliness which are part of mortal existence. The promise to the faithful in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is that we may have associations and an expansion of families in the eternities. That assurance changes forever and for the better all of our associations in families. For example, I am at a stage in my life when, because of great distances, I cannot come to know well grandchildren and, in time, great-grandchildren. Because of the restoration of the knowledge of eternal families, we are more hopeful and more kindly in all our family relations. The greatest joys in this life center in families, as they will in the worlds to come. I am so grateful for the assurance I have that if we are faithful, the same sociality which we enjoy here in this life will be forever with us in the world to come, in eternal glory. "

If we do our very best here on earth with our relationships, and that due to circumstances beyond our control, like distance, we aren't as close as we desire, the great and beautiful truth is that we have so much to look forward to, if we are faithful and obedient, we can be together as families FOREVER!

So for now my sweet daughters and grandchildren we will have to hang on to our daily phone calls, emails, my cheesy holiday gift packages, and our cherished visits!

1 comment:

wandering nana said...

This made me cry. I loved his talk. I just got back from SLC and Rexburg so I got to see 3 daughters and 5 grandchildren. I know how you feel. Thank you for sharing.