I've blogged before about how we strive to teach our children correct principles, and then live those same principles to set the proper example. The "children learn what they live" approach. Well, today we got a small glimpse that some of that might be working with Isabelle. While Bill and I were out doing our Saturday errands, we stopped in at Deseret Book. As we wandered through the aisles, Isabelle was enjoying picking out various items that caught her eye. When we made it to where the framed pictures were, Bill and I were looking at a beautiful image of the Salt Lake Temple when Isabelle knelt down in front of a picture of Jesus Christ. And in words as clear as any we've ever heard from her, she said "I love you, Jesus." She then leaned forward and gently kissed the image of the Savior.
With tears in our eyes, Bill and I held each other's hand and marvelled at the amazing example Isabelle is for us. Despite our many weaknesses and imperfections, we strive daily to justify the trust that has been placed in us to be earthly parents to this special little girl.


2 comments:
What wonderful examples she has in front of her who have taught her the most important thing she needs to know.
That is the sweetest thing ever. She is so pure and beautiful!!!!
She is a wonderful example to us all. Give her a kiss for me
Post a Comment