I can't believe it has been a year since the girls and I arrived at our new home in the south (Bill arrived months before we did). It has been a good year and we have made many friends. I think everyone has adjusted well and it has been less painful than originally anticipated!We have learned a lot about Alabama since Ravyn has been playing in different tournaments around the state. For example, living in Birmingham does not give an accurate picture of Alabama.
Apparently Birmingham is more suburbia than anything, and once you travel any direction outside of Birmingham anything goes! The things and people we have seen could frighten small children ( and me!) But as Forrest Gump says,(also from Alabama) "That's all I'm gonna say about that."
Last week was spring break and we just laid low and enjoyed sleeping in (no early morning seminary!) with nowhere to go (softball practice and games!) It wasn't quite as laid back for Kaycie however. She had a long overdue surgery on her nose. She has had it broken several times in the last few years, which caused scar tissue to build up and restrict the airflow. This also caused constant sinus problems. So once she is healed she should be feeling so much better!
The rest of our time lately has been consumed with our upcoming trip to bring our daughter home. We have been shopping and methodically packing for our trip. It is quite an overwhelming task( for me) to pack for 4 people, for 14 days, in a foreign country. Fortunately, I have a very organized husband who is all over it! All we are waiting for now is our, "invitation to travel"- which is China's way of giving us our travel dates. Hopefully we will receive this the end of March or the first week in April.
I can't wait to see Bill with two little girls! Isabelle already has him so wrapped around her finger! I love to watch them together. It has been fun to see his excitement and anticipation for another one!
We are so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who chose this path for us. We are constantly reminded this is His plan, on His timetable. We are humbled to be part of such an amazing journey!


4 comments:
You said 4 people who has to stay home? Congrats thats exciting!!
OH not fun!! I've looked like six times now, hopefully she can get by with one!! Hope she is feeling better!
Oh, poor Kaycie. Give her a hug and keep us posted. Where are the 2 older girls going while you're gone...don't (sniff) tell me (sniff, sniff) we've been replaced (whawaaaaaa). "}
I'm very excited for you to bring little Chloe home. She is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment