Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend...

Weekends are supposed to be a time to relax...right? I don't remember our last relaxing weekend. It seems we are on the go every second, but I won't complain at least Bil is home to run around with us! And we do have fun!
Part of our weekend was spent getting Isabelle ready for preschool, which starts tomorrow. This included school shopping and a cute new haircut.

Isabelle and Bill watching the Seahawks football game together while Bill and I sewed blankets for the orphange.
This is a little blurry because she is running towards me! While we were sewing and working on the blankets, Isabelle was at her kitchen making us an endless supply of dinner and desserts. She has my hot pad on and is running toward Bill telling him, "Here is your turkey pot Daddy!" That made me laugh! Bill is always teasing me when he gets home from work, asking me where is his, "Turkey pot pie!"
Here are the five blankets we have finished so far. The one on the left is one we made for Chloe today. It turned out so cute! The rest were made from scraps from other projects over the years. We are having a blast making these. Bill is awesome! He cuts all the fabric, arranges the patterns and sits next to me and hands me the fabric while I sew. We sew, drink a lot of DC, watch tv ( football) and just talk. We are very simple people! But knowing the end result is going to help little kids in China is enough for us! On a totally unrelated note: I got put in to the YW presidency today. I was surprised since I have been the VT supervisor for only a short while. But I am really excited! Anyone who knows me knows the YW program is my passion! I was in YW's when Dallys was a YW and it was so much fun! Kaycie and Ravyn were really excited when I told them, and Bill and Isabelle have already started planning their weekly "daddy daughter dates", while we are gone every Wednesday!

1 comment:

wandering nana said...

I need to send you squares so you can make Chloe a quilt to match the girls quilt. I have a bunch left over from the ones I made. I will try to send the fabric out by Wednesday.
I'm so excited for you, YWs. Be sure to go to sugardoodle.net.