The Swine Flu is alive and well in Alabama. 236 kids have been out sick with the flu in the middle school alone and a good portion of those actually had the swine flu. Ravyn has been home for the last three days with a fever, sore throat and body aches. So many people are sick here that you have to be almost dead before a Doctor will actually see you. Bill has been teetering on the edge of sickness, his body is trying really hard to fight it...so far so good.
Isabelle has been complaining about her tooth hurting so yesterday we went to a pediatric dentist and to my surprise she has at least 6 cavities. She had her teeth checked before we left Washington and she had 0 cavities so I was very surprised. I guess it is the juice she consumes in large quantities. We just can't win. Her pediatrician in Seattle said juice was a good drink to include in her high calorie diet she has been on, oh ya he did forget to mention she may bulk up but won't have any teeth left in her head. Maybe he figured we were moving to Alabama so she would fit in? You know the stereotypical Deliverance image most people have of Alabama(can you hear the banjo's?). Who knows? But it doesn't matter how they got there, it is quite a big deal. For various reasons it might include a trip to the hospital and sedation to take care of it. UGH!Then to spike my stress level a bit more Kaycie has to go into the hospital next week for some "observation" and tests. She is fine but out respect for her privacy that is all I can say about that.

What I can tell you is that compliments of Ms. Kaycie, Bill and I have had a few white knuckle moments lately! Kaycie got her drivers permit this week. And here in Alabama they give you a permit before they teach you how to drive. Those southerners are so laid back about everything! The first week of drivers ed they gave everyone the boat permit test. I was excited!... good excuse to buy a boat right? So now Kaycie has to get 200 hours logged in with ...you guessed it, Bill and I! Then she takes the driving test with her instructor who hasn't done any instructing! YIKES!
On a lighter note, signs of Fall are everywhere. I love Fall! It is my favorite season! Football, back to school, cool temps and the changing of the leaves and a special bonus for us this year: Bill's parents are visiting soon! Isabelle is so excited! They are two of Isabelle's (and mine) favorite people! They are wonderfully kind people, something we have been in short supply of lately. They always give me renewed hope and are perfect examples of unconditional love. Sad that that is so rare these days. Sorry this was supposed to be my "lighter" note...ok Isabelle went to preschool orientation yesterday and she came away so excited! We found a GREAT preschool (thanks Lisa!) and I know Isabelle is going to really thrive there.
Last but surely not least I have to share a couple of pics of two of my amazingly handsome grandsons. Dang if we don't have THE cutest grandkids! Sky and Damon started school this week and we have skyped a lot with Kass and Dallys. The triplets are growing so fast. It is hard to believe they are rolling and scooting and almost sitting up. They laugh and talk and I am so in love with them and their sweet little spirits.
What I can tell you is that compliments of Ms. Kaycie, Bill and I have had a few white knuckle moments lately! Kaycie got her drivers permit this week. And here in Alabama they give you a permit before they teach you how to drive. Those southerners are so laid back about everything! The first week of drivers ed they gave everyone the boat permit test. I was excited!... good excuse to buy a boat right? So now Kaycie has to get 200 hours logged in with ...you guessed it, Bill and I! Then she takes the driving test with her instructor who hasn't done any instructing! YIKES!
On a lighter note, signs of Fall are everywhere. I love Fall! It is my favorite season! Football, back to school, cool temps and the changing of the leaves and a special bonus for us this year: Bill's parents are visiting soon! Isabelle is so excited! They are two of Isabelle's (and mine) favorite people! They are wonderfully kind people, something we have been in short supply of lately. They always give me renewed hope and are perfect examples of unconditional love. Sad that that is so rare these days. Sorry this was supposed to be my "lighter" note...ok Isabelle went to preschool orientation yesterday and she came away so excited! We found a GREAT preschool (thanks Lisa!) and I know Isabelle is going to really thrive there.
Last but surely not least I have to share a couple of pics of two of my amazingly handsome grandsons. Dang if we don't have THE cutest grandkids! Sky and Damon started school this week and we have skyped a lot with Kass and Dallys. The triplets are growing so fast. It is hard to believe they are rolling and scooting and almost sitting up. They laugh and talk and I am so in love with them and their sweet little spirits.


2 comments:
I hope Kaycie is all right. My granddaughter at age 4 had 12 cavities. Her parents didn't let her have a lot of candy but they did let her have juice and that yogurt drink (which she would drink every morning). It doesn't help that her grandparents both have yucky teeth too. My daughter had to go to a special dentist that had an anesthesiologist come when he had to work on her. Good Luck.
DANG!! you do have the cutest grandkids ever!!!!
Post a Comment