Thursday, February 7, 2008

Breaking News...the most qualified guys don't always win.


(CNN) -- Mitt Romney suspended his bid for the Republican presidential nomination Thursday, saying if he continued it would "forestall the launch of a national campaign and be making it easier for Sen. Clinton or Obama to win."

"In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror. This is not an easy decision. I hate to lose," the former Massachusetts governor said.


"If this were only about me, I'd go on. But it's never been only about me. I entered this race because I love America, and because I love America, in this time of war I feel I have to now stand aside for our party and for our country."


With Romney out, Sen. John McCain is locked in as the front-runner in the GOP race. Romney had won 286 delegates in through the Super Tuesday contests, compared with McCain's 697.

1 comment:

Dallys' daily dose... said...

HOLY CRAP-WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!